Foster Avenue and Ovrture are committed to building an equitable, inclusive, and diverse workplace for our employees, strategic partners, and freelance talent. We believe that unique life experiences and perspectives strengthen our team and lead to more thoughtful and innovative solutions for our clients. We will ensure that all voices are valued and respected, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, socio-economic background, religion, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability.
In the spirit of openness, we acknowledge that our team is facing significant work in order to achieve the diversity we aspire to reflect. To this end, we declare our deep and genuine commitment to continually drive diversity, equity, and inclusion within our team by:
ACTION 1: INTEGRATE DEI INTO FOSTER AVENUE & OVRTURE HIRING PRACTICES.
- Ensure that at least 50% of the candidates who move into the second round (defined as the round after an initial phone screen) identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color (BIPOC).
- Post job openings on BIPOC-focused hiring platforms.
ACTION 2: INFUSE INCLUSION AND EQUITY INTO FIRM-WIDE CULTURE.
- Hold firm-wide programming effort once per quarter. Initial programming includes the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance’s online course, The Equity Journey.
- Host a vibrant DEI Slack channel where we share and discuss articles/studies.
ACTION 3: SEEK OPPORTUNITIES TO BUILD BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS WITH VENDORS AND FREELANCE PARTNERS.
- Seek and publicize partnerships with BIPOC vendors.
We, as a company and a nation, will be confronting this challenge for many decades to come. To this end, we will be regularly updating our plan of action based upon what we learn and areas where we can do more.